In just 7 days Dr. Huszti will be competing in his 11th marathon. He’s hoping to repeat his performance from last year and thereby qualify for entry in the prestigous Boston Marathon. In 2012 ( pictured above), to make every mile matter, he joined team DetermiNation to raise money for the American Cancer Society. This year he hopes to continue to raise awareness of this important issue. GOOD LUCK Dr. H, we’ll be rooting for you!
Cancer Prevention Information
One-third of all cancer deaths could be prevented with a healthy diet and exercise. The key to celebrating more birthdays is to stay well. You can do so by maintaining a healthy weight by eating right and continuing to exercise regularly , getting recommended cancer screening tests, and avoiding tobacco products. If everyone followed these steps, we could prevent half of all cancer deaths.
Eat Right and Get Active
The American Cancer Society recommends a few steps to help you maintain a healthy weight:
• Strive for at least 5 serving per day of vegetables and fruits.
• Choose whole grains and limit the amount of red and processed meat you eat.
• Limit the amount of alcohol you drink - men should have no more than 2 drinks per day; women should have no more than 1 per day.
• Adults should get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity on 5 or more days per week. Training for an endurance event easily helps you achieve this goal!
• Maintain a healthy weight throughout life, and if you’re not at an ideal weight, make a plan to get there. The American Cancer Society can help.